Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday again?

I was hoping for a better Sunday than I had. I spent my time at church, and also at the stake priesthood meeting. I didn't feel like I was getting much out of my Sunday. Talks were okay, lessons well prepared and given. My mind was just there, it seemed to be off in some la la land or focusing on what ifs, and could ofs. So I began only focusing on what the next day would bring. Monday. This Monday consists of jury duty..... How fun! ya right....

I woke up particularly earlier than I would have wanted to rush off and sit in traffic on the way to the courthouse. I had lost the paper work that they sent me, so I felt like I was going in blind folded. That I had an idea of what I needed to do (as I have had jury duty before) but I didn't have everything in front of me. In concentration of this paper I had lost I forgot anything to read, forgot my headphones so I could listen to something, and just wasn't in a pleasant mood. Tired of the traffic, and rude people. To get out of the room for a bit, during one of our breaks I decided to buy some juice from a concession stand. The juiced price was 1.50 each. I thought I would be stuck in this room for majority of the day and I would buy two bottles of juice. I had asked for them to be apple juice. Total should have came to 3.00 even. As the lady behind the counter went for the juice I had requested, she promptly went to the fridge and grabbed two bottles of juice one being orange, and one being apple. I was about to speak up as I handed her my cash when I noticed her eyes were closed. I tried to remember as I waited in line did I notice this or was I too busy being my oh so pleasant self. I figured what the heck, orange juice is good too, I can deal with it. She had some sort of scan machine that she put my money up to, it called out how much change she needed to give back and promptly gave me two one dollar bills. I didn't remember right then what I had given her from my wallet, I thought it was a 10, but could have been a 5 and if I gave her a 10 the machine thing would have told her to give me seven dollars back. After checking back into the jury waiting room I looked into my wallet and saw only a 5. I had given her the 10. I got shorted 5 dollars. Instantly I felt like someone had just scammed me. In my quiet contemplation I decided to let it go, not go back and ask for my money back. The lady was blind or something, and who would believe me. Maybe they would think I was trying to scam her.

I was a bit excited that I was let out after a few hours of waiting around to be called. Courts had settled without needing a jury and I was on the list for a quick escape. As I headed to the parking garage that I parked in, the excitement had left me and I was back to that unpleasant self again. Hearing people at the cross walk talk about ways to work over the welfare system, and ways to get double food stamps. The inconsiderate drivers on the way home. I needed to go to the book store prior to classes tomorrow to grab a book. I figured it would be busy given it is the first day of classes for spring term, but what I didn't know is how busy it really was! After circling the parking lot looking for any open spot (though I don't have a parking permit) there was nothing, as spots in the 30 min parking out front the book store would open a car that I am sure just showed up because I hadn't seen them circle the past hour with me would get the spot. I finally see a spot, in staff parking. I thought to my self, "Hey this will be quick I'll park here." When I got inside I saw the line up and down the book store. A line generally that long went pretty quick so I wasn't to worried about it. After waiting in the line for 20 minutes someone walked back and said they were still trying to boot the system from a power outage that just occurred. What outage, I had been there for 20 min and never saw a light even flicker. In my disgust in the moment I threw my book on a random shelf and walked out the door. The start to this week just doesn't seem to be sitting well. Am I really just getting tired of people, to be this unpleasant person? Has the community been wearing me down this much? Who knows, hopefully tomorrow and the start of classes will make this week go quicker and just get over. I am looking forward to General Conference this weekend, and really want to have an open mind and soft heart to the words that will be spoken. So in-turn I really hope this unpleasantness passes.

If you got through this post I apologize for my complaining attitude, but thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment