Sunday, May 2, 2010

Long awaited blog post

It seems like it has been so long since I posted anything, even though it has only been like two weeks. I have been staying pretty busy with school and trying to find a job. I am currently also trying to figure out if I am going to be able to get my LME (Limited Maintenance Electricians License.) I am hoping to hear back from a lady at PCC, she is in charge of the non-union trade program there, so I figure she might be able to help me in the direction of my LME.

I had an interview with Platt Electric for a Warehouse/Driver position. I am hoping I get the job, I know the manager of the branch, and we BS'ed the first 45 min of the interview. I would think that it is a good sign, though being in school for the next 5 weeks hurt my cause. I really believe that if I don't get the job it would be due to the the 5 weeks left of school over anything else. We will see what happens, I would hear back this next week for a second interview.

I had a really great day today. I went with Katie to IKEA, where I had never been. We walked around, and Katie got a few things. IKEA was out of some plates, so she didn't get a chance to get everything she was after. Even though she has changed her mind on what she wants now (Happened like 2 hours after) After IKEA we drove out into the gorge and went hiking. We met up with Cody, and Kelley and left on an adventure. We hiked to two different falls, which were beautiful!

After Hiking around for a few hours we ventured back into town and stopped at this place in Gresham called "Truffle Hunter" located on Powell. It is a little house that has a restaurant in it. I got the Mountain Man burger with garlic fries. The burger was good, the fries were AMAZING! I have never had garlic fries, though I love garlic. They were by far the best fries I have ever had.

After dinner Katie and I went back to her place and watched a movie and hung out. All this ended up to be one great day. I am excited for this next week, on what things may come my way. Hoping for a job, and another great week!

1 comment:

  1. Truffle Hunter is pretty good. I went there on my 2nd real date with Andrea. I didn't get the mountain man burger though. I was still trying to impress her at that point. Eating a burger with braces I'm sure isn't the most attractive thing...

    ReplyDelete