Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What is perfection?

The Websters dictionary states that "Perfection" is:

1. the state or quality of being or becoming perfect.
2. the highest degree of proficiency, skill, or excellence, as in some art.
3. a perfect embodiment or example of something.
4. a quality, trait, or feature of the highest degree of excellence.
5. the highest or most nearly perfect degree of a quality or trait.
6. the act or fact of perfecting.

After talking with a friend the other day, telling her to convince me not to like someone, not because this girl is not perfect, but I could not decide how things would pan out, and the few things that I don't know how they would mesh well. Shouldn't I be open to date someone even if it will help grow the friendship we have, even if things don't work out in the long run?

At what point do you just look at the situation and throw yourself in head first? And why do some have a hard time making up their mind about people, places, or things? Isn't it suppose to just be black or white? When did this gray color come into play? I know that there is no perfection out there (other then Jesus Christ) but why is it that for me to actually want to be with someone they have to be my "Perfection"?

If someone were to ask me what my definition of Perfect, or Perfection when it came to a girl, I would not be able to answer that, only be able to spit out random, incoherent answers. I know by far I am NO where near perfect! I still have a lot I am working on, and struggling with. But why does my mind not understand it in other people. It is kind of like: If you do not fit these qualities a,b,c.... I can not be into you at all.... I am such a freak!

To dumbfounded (if right word for that phrase) and lost in incoherent thoughts, and brain explosions to make any real sense of anything....

1 comment:

  1. Couple of thoughts on your blog. First always jump in. Better to have tried, then to always what if I had. 2nd, no one is perfect look for those that are striving for perfect, and make you want to be a better person. Then you will find your perfect match.

    Best of luck in everything.

    ReplyDelete